View Our Practice Areas

Making Changes To A Child Custody Arrangement

If you and your ex-spouse had a child during the time of your divorce, the court most likely approved a child custody arrangement that you both agreed to follow. However, over time these custody orders can become outdated and often require modifications to better meet the needs of a child. If you are looking to modify an existing custody agreement, get help from an experienced family law attorney.

My name is attorney Todd K. Bolus. I have more than 20 years of experience serving the family law needs of Louisville residents and residents of the surrounding communities. I have spent my entire legal career in the Louisville area, and I have a passion for helping people resolve their family law issues. I have an in-depth understanding of Kentucky law and I strive to provide exceptional client service to everyone who comes into my office.

When you meet with me, I will take the time to fully understand your situation and concerns before giving you honest advice about your options. Schedule your initial consultation today; call 502-438-9526.

What Has Changed Since Your Divorce Became Final?

Parents can agree to modify a custody arrangement, but hiring an attorney can still be invaluable. I will assist with presenting a new parenting plan before the court and ensure all documentation is submitted and filled out correctly.

If you and your ex-spouse disagree over a new parenting plan, I will use my extensive experience as a family law litigator to develop a strategy designed to meet your needs. I will review what to expect with you, including what courts typically look at before approving or denying a modification request. Some of these issues are:

  • Parental relocation, including moving out of state
  • Child relocation
  • Evidence of child abuse or child neglect
  • The desire of an older child to alter custody or visitation
  • Change in school or a change in school schedule

Of course, each family presents its own circumstances and own challenges, so a court will look at every aspect that is unique to your personal situation.

Contact A Kentucky Post-Decree Modification Lawyer

Speak with me, Todd K. Bolus, today for help with your child custody and child visitation modification needs. You may contact my Louisville law office online today to schedule your initial conversation, or call at 502-438-9526 or toll free at 800-821-4049.